Blacksburg Personal Injury Attorney
If you suffer a serious injury due to someone else’s wrongdoing in Blacksburg, you need to work with a law firm that has extensive experience in the courtroom. At Lichtenstein Law Group PLC, our masterful litigators can provide that experience as well as tireless dedication to pursuing the maximum amount of compensation for you. We want to help you to move forward with your life.
Our attorneys prepare every case for trial. Because of that preparation, we can often resolve cases through settlements. Our goal is to resolve our clients’ cases as efficiently and effectively as possible for our clients. To discuss how we can put that approach to work for you in your personal injury case in Blacksburg, contact us today. We can review your case in a free consultation.
How Can a Blacksburg Personal Injury Trial Lawyer Help You?
At Lichtenstein Law Group PLC, our seasoned trial lawyers can draw on extensive resources as we seek full and fair compensation for you. Those resources include:
- Skilled investigators who can help our legal team to get to the facts behind your accident and injury and build a strong foundation in our preparation for trial
- Highly knowledgeable professionals in fields such as medicine, engineering, traffic safety, accident reconstruction and life-care planning who can serve as experts
- Legal research databases that can help us to work identify and work through the legal issues in your case and present solid arguments to the court
- Jury research that will help us to know how to present your case in the strongest possible way.
We believe that thorough preparation of a case is the key to success for our clients. When an insurance company knows that we are prepared to bring a solid case to trial, the insurer will be more likely to make a full and fair settlement offer. If the insurer refuses to make a settlement offer that meets your needs and goals, our trial lawyers will be ready to fight for you in the courtroom.
What Types of Personal Injury Cases Do We Handle?
Our personal injury lawyers at Lichtenstein Law Group PLC, have more than 100 years of combined legal experience. Because of our background, we can handle a wide range of personal injury cases for our clients in Blacksburg and surrounding areas in Virginia, including those which involve:
- Motor vehicle accidents – We know how to identify all available sources of compensation for those who have suffered serious injuries in car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle and pedestrian accidents, which often includes coverage beyond the at-fault driver’s liability insurance.
- Medical malpractice – Our attorneys work with those who have suffered harm due to surgical errors, medication errors, anesthesia errors, hospital-acquired infections or medical mistakes that occur during birth.
- Defective products – Our law firm has the experience and resources to take on companies that manufacture and sell dangerous and defective products or fail to adequately warn consumers about the risks associated with their products.
- Traumatic brain injuries – We understand the physical, emotional and financial challenges that people face when they have suffered a concussion or more serious form of TBI in an accident through no fault of their own.
- Spinal cord injuries – Our lawyers seek maximum compensation to help SCI victims and their families in Blacksburg to get the medical treatment and support they need to recover and adjust to changes in their lives.
- Broken bones – We know how even a seemingly minor fracture can result in weeks or months of recovery time, resulting in high medical expenses and loss of income due to the inability to work.
- Wrongful death claims – Our law firm helps those who have lost loved ones due to the negligence of others, including seeking damages for funeral and burial costs as well as the loss of a loved one’s services and financial support.
If you or a loved one has suffered a catastrophic, or life-changing injury, through no fault of your own in any type of accident, you can count on Lichtenstein Law Group PLC, to be a champion in your corner.
What Damages Can You Seek in a Personal Injury Claim?
When you work with Lichtenstein Law Group PLC, we will seek maximum compensation for you through either a settlement or verdict. While the amount of compensation available in your case will depend on many different factors, you may be eligible to recover damages such as:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost income
- Loss of earning capacity
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress.
We will determine all available compensation in your case, which could include multiple parties and insurance policies. We will also be prepared to challenge any attempt to shift blame to you and deny you compensation that you deserve.
What Should You Do If You Suffer a Personal Injury in Blacksburg, Virginia?
Our attorneys understand how confusing it can be to suffer injury in an accident. In order to protect your health and your right to pursue just compensation, you should take steps that include:
- Seek medical attention – You should see a doctor as early as possible after an accident for the sake of your health. An insurance company may also try to use your delay in getting medical attention against you.
- Collect evidence – If possible, you should try to get photos at the scene of your accident as well as names and contact information of any witnesses. You should also hold on to any documents and records related to your accident and injuries.
- Get a copy of the incident report – You should try to get a copy of the animal control report, store incident report or police crash report. For instance, you may contact the Blacksburg Police Department for a copy of the report. Of course, our firm can obtain a copy of the report for you.
- Notify your insurance company – If you are involved in an accident, your insurance policy likely will require you to give notice, regardless of who may be at fault.
- Don’t talk to the other party’s insurance company – You should generally avoid giving a recorded statement or accepting a settlement offer from the other party’s insurance company until you talk with a lawyer first.
- Stay off of social media – An insurance company will try to use anything you post on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media sites against you. The best thing to do is to avoid social media for a period.
Get Help from an Experienced Blacksburg Personal Injury Attorney
If you are facing serious injuries or the loss of a loved one in the tragic aftermath of an accident in Blacksburg, contact the skilled trial lawyers at Lichtenstein Law Group PLC, today. Our firm is widely recognized for our attorneys’ ability to craft complex trial strategies and argue cases before judges and juries throughout Virginia. We can put our skill, experience and resources to work for you today.