Although the facts of the matter may seem simple – a dangerous product caused a serious injury to you or a family member – product liability cases are extremely complex. Our firm will begin with an intensive evaluation of the case to assess tactics and strategies and determine the best route of attack. Our approach usually includes:
- Identifying all the parties that may be held responsible for your injury. This may include the parties that designed, manufactured, distributed, and sold the dangerous or defective product.
- Determining exactly what type of negligence and breach of warranty led to the injury. Our product liability attorneys can analyze your case to determine whether it involves breach of warranty, allegations that the particular product was not fit for its intended purpose, the absence or insufficiency of warnings, or failure to take proper safety precautions in manufacturing the product, for example.
- Collecting every bit of evidence about the product and your resulting injury. If possible, we will preserve the dangerous product itself as evidence, whether it’s your vehicle with a defective part, a dangerous medical device that had to be removed, or a child’s toy that caused your little one serious harm, for example. We collect all of your medical records and scanned images as evidence to prove the severity of your injuries in court.
- Hiring expert witnesses to strengthen your case. We have a network of experts throughout Virginia and across the United States who can analyze and reconstruct your accident, testify to engineering problems, and explain the extent and severity of your injuries.
- Relentlessly pursuing your case with the vast amount of resources at our disposal. When you’re going up against a large corporation with deep pockets, you need to be able to fight fire with fire. Our firm is in it for the long haul. We will not let the at-fault party drag out your case in hopes that you will give up.
There is an immense amount of work that goes into preparing for a product liability trial, and our trial attorneys are devoted to aggressively pursuing maximum compensation for the trauma you and your family have suffered. Although our ultimate goal is a successful jury verdict, there are instances where we have developed such a strong case that the at-fault parties offer a full and fair settlement in order to avoid having to defend their product at trial.
Whether your compensation comes through a jury verdict or a well-negotiated settlement, our goal is your and your family’s protection and satisfaction in the result of your case.