Radford Car Accident Lawyer
A car accident can be a sudden, violent, and traumatic experience that can affect your health, your ability to work, and your overall quality of life. Fighting for the compensation you need to recover from the effects of a car accident in Radford can feel draining and overwhelming, but the good news is that you don’t need to face this on your own.
At Lichtenstein Law Group PLC, our Radford personal injury lawyers can handle every aspect of your car accident claim while you focus on healing and moving forward with your life. Our Radford car crash injury attorneys offer free consultations and never charge legal fees unless we win compensation for our clients. Contact us today to learn more.
When Do I Need a Radford Car Accident Lawyer After a Crash?
If the accident was relatively minor and didn’t cause any injuries, you may not need help from a lawyer. However, it’s a good idea to seek legal representation if any of the following apply to your circumstances:
- You suffered serious physical or emotional injuries as a result of the accident.
- You are unable to return to work because your injuries are so severe.
- It’s unclear who was responsible for causing the accident.
- There were multiple vehicles or other parties involved in the accident.
- The accident occurred in a construction, school, or work zone.
- An uninsured or underinsured motorist was involved in the accident.
- You have difficulties obtaining or preserving evidence for your claim.
- An insurance company tries to minimize or deny your claim.
- An insurance company representative asks you to give a statement.
- You don’t feel confident about negotiating for compensation.
- You feel uncertain about your legal rights or options.
Common Injuries Caused by Car Accidents in Radford
Car accidents cause a variety of injuries that differ based on the speed, type, and point of impact during a collision. Many car accident injuries require significant medical attention and prevent victims from returning to work or leading the lives they previously enjoyed.
Common injuries caused by car accidents include:
- Head and skull injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Neck and shoulder injuries
- Joint injuries
- Abdominal injuries
- Bruises, cuts, and puncture wounds
- Internal bleeding
- Bone fractures
- Spinal cord injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Burns, scars, and disfigurement
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
How Much Does a Radford Car Accident Attorney Cost?
Most car accident lawyers, including the lawyers of Lichtenstein Law Group, PLC, offer their services on a contingency-fee-basis. When lawyers work on a contingency-fee-basis, it means they only get paid a percentage of the money they win for their clients. If the case is unsuccessful, the lawyer doesn’t get paid.
If you hire an attorney from Lichtenstein Law Group, PLC, you won’t owe us anything unless we successfully recover compensation for your claim. No retainer, no up-front expenses, nothing. We offer initial case reviews at no cost or obligation to you, so if you’re still wondering whether you should hire a personal injury attorney for your car accident claim, you have nothing to lose when you contact us for answers.
How Much Compensation Can I Recover?
The amount of compensation you could recover varies depending on the nature of the accident, the severity of your injuries, who was at fault for the crash, available insurance coverage, and other factors. In most car accident claims, victims seek compensation for the following types of accident-related losses:
- Medical bills from emergency medical treatment, surgery, diagnostic tests, medications, and therapy for accident-related injuries
- Expected future costs of medical care for accident-related injuries
- Incidental costs from accident-related injuries, such as costs of ambulance rides, durable medical equipment, in-home care, and home accessibility modifications
- Lost wages from missed time at work, including potential losses in future earning potential from long-term, accident-related disabilities
- Pain, suffering, and losses in quality of life from accident-related injuries
- Repair or replacement costs for vehicles or other personal property damaged by the accident
- Punitive damages, which are sometimes awarded to accident victims injured by at-fault drivers who were egregiously reckless or intentionally malicious
What Kind of Radford Car Accidents Most Commonly Require Litigation?
The types of car accidents that typically warrant litigation are accidents that cause significant property damage, severe injuries, and loss of life. The most common types of car crashes that ultimately require legal action include:
- Head-on collisions – Head-on collisions occur when one driver travels the wrong way down a road or drifts into a lane of opposing traffic, colliding head-first with an oncoming car. These accidents can cause severe and potentially fatal injuries.
- Rollover accidents – Taller cars such as trucks and SUVs are more susceptible to rollover accidents, which involve cars that flip onto one side or roll over onto the roof. Rollover accidents sometimes eject car occupants, which is often fatal.
- T-bone crashes – This dangerous type of accident occurs when one vehicle crashes into the side of another vehicle in a T-shaped impact. T-bone accidents often result in fractured bones, concussions, and spinal cord injuries.
- Multi-car accidents – In a multi-vehicle pile-up, an unfortunate chain of events causes three or more cars to crash into one another. These multi-car wrecks can cause severe injuries that endanger the lives of many.
- Sideswipe collisions – This type of accident involves the side of one car impacting or scraping the side of another. Sideswipe collisions can be deadly, especially when occupants of smaller cars are hit by much larger vehicles.
What Are the Next Steps If You’ve Been Hurt in a Car Accident in Radford, VA?
If you were injured in a Radford car accident, the following actions can help protect your health and safety, your legal rights, and your ability to recover compensation for your accident-related losses:
- Seek immediate medical attention.
- Write down everything you can remember about the accident and take photos of visible damage or injuries.
- Follow through on your doctor’s treatment recommendations.
- Keep a record of any expenses you incur because of your accident, such as medical costs, repair bills, and incidental expenses.
- Avoid discussing the accident with others or sharing posts on social media while your claim is still pending.
- Contact a knowledgeable Virginia car accident lawyer for legal advice.
The attorneys of Lichtenstein Law Group PLC have nearly 100 years of combined experience defending the rights of car accident victims in Radford and surrounding areas of Virginia. We understand the laws around auto accidents. We are dedicated litigators who will listen closely to your concerns and fight aggressively for the compensation you deserve.
Contact our car accident lawyers in Radford, VA today to discuss the details of your claim in a free, confidential consultation.